Please find outlined below some information we hope will ensure you enjoy your visit to Poulton Grange, regardless of whether your life is affected in some way by a medical condition, disability, impairment or specific difficulty. Poulton Grange is a newly built farmhouse and we opened for business in August of 2008. You can see our guests comments on the Trip Advisor website
We have 2 ensuite guest rooms on the first floor of the farmhouse accessed via a staircase and the details below may help you to visual what our facilities are like and if they are appropriate for your needs. Poulton Grange has a non-smoking policy in operation.
• Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, email or online. • Should you require a taxi to Poulton Grange from local train stations at Pewsey, Great Bedwyn or Swindon we use a reliable local taxi firm called Brent's Cars on 01672 512801. It is advisable to book this in advance. • Directions to the hotel can be found on our website under 'How to Reach Us' http://poultongrange.com/3427.html
or we can post or email them.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Drive up the one mile long private tarmac and concrete drive to the farmhouse. There are a couple of sharp bends so do watch out for wildlife or oncoming guests around the corners please. The road is also quite narrow. • Parking is in the large, level, graveled turning area at the side of the farmhouse next to the oak front door. Places are marked with 'Visitor Parking' signs. • There are 2 designated visitor spaces and 6 alternative spaces available within 15 m of the front door. • There is lighting outside the front door. • Entrance to the farmhouse is by way of one step 20cm high and through a 1.4m wide double door. • If you need help with your luggage please ask and we can collect it from your car on arrival and deliver it to your room. • You will be shown to your room and shown the layout of the public areas enroute. • The emergency evacuation procedure will be explained en-route to your room
Main Entrance and Reception Hall
• Floor is polished wood with rugs and non slip underlay. • The reception desk is 73cm heigh.It has a seat adjacent • The reception and entrance hall are all on one level.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• Our corridors are well lit, wide and have carpeted or polished floors with rugs and non slip underlay. • Our carpeted sitting room is accessed directly from the reception hall through a double door 1.4m wide. • The stairs have a wide tread of 90cm and a step height of 18cm and are carpeted apart from the bottom 2 steps which are wood only.
Public Areas - Sitting room
• The sitting room is access by double doors 1.4m wide and is carpeted and has a log burner • There is a TV and collection of local literature and study books for guests use along with board games
• The ground floor WC is adjacent to the main reception hall and has a wooden floor • The door in is 83cm wide • The toilet seat is 45cm from the ground
Kitchen / Dining Room
• Breakfast is served in either the dinning room or the kitchen according to time of year and guest preferences. • Kitchen is stone floored and has a wonderful Aga. Double doors into the kitchen are 1.4m wide and double doors out to patio are also 1.4m wide. • There is one step 5cm high leading up out of the kitchen to the patio and 2 steps down onto the outside patio area. Each outside step is 12cm high • Dinning Room is wooden floored and has double doors which are 1.4m wide with one step down to the outside lawns. Again there is one step up of 5cm. The outside step from the Dinning room to the lawns is 24 cm • The breakfast menu is changeable according to seasons and local produce available. We do cater for special diets and allergies and ask to be informed in advance if you want this option, thanks.
• Set in 450 acres of beautiful Wiltshire countryside. Guests are welcome to explore the farm and to help at certain times of year with lambing, calving and harvesting. • It is a working farm and as such we ask that you are aware of that fact. • This means that there is moving machinery on the farm drive. There is also a risk for pregnant ladies if they come into contact with sheep that they may catch toxoplasmosis so it is not advisable for pregnant ladies to visit during lambing time which is usually April - check with us if you have questions! • The farm is linked to the Sustrans Route 45 and also to extensive bridleways and footpaths and onto the Ridgeway.
• Bedrooms are carpeted • Side lights by the bed and main wall/ceiling lights can be switched off from the bed • Wall mounted flat screen TV's • Hospitality trays with 1 ltr kettles • WIFI
Beds are zip and link super king sized doubles with good access form each side.
Bathrooms – all ensuite
• Both bedrooms have ensuite bathroom facilities. • Bathrooms are wooden floored • One has a bath and shower • One has a shower • Both have toilet and hand basin • The showers have a shower tray of about 8cm height • Door from bedroom to bathroom is 85cm wide • Heated towel rails
• Non smoking policy throughout the farmhouse • Fire alarms throughout the house • Fire evacuation routes on back of bedroom doors • If you are hard of hearing please let us know on check in and in the event of an emergency evacuation we will alert you. • WIFI • Mobile signal from BT, Vodafone - ( Orange a bit intermittent) • Fridge in Utility room available for storing medicines or special food • Sharps box available • We undertake training courses in Welcome to Excellence, Welcome Host, Welcome International, Basic Food Hygiene and First Aid
Check in from 4pm Check out by 10am Early check in may be possible - ask in advance Late check out may be possible - ask in advance If you arrive early in the area and would like to drop your bags whilst sightseeing or shopping please give us a ring and we would be happy to hold your bags for you and to put them in your room once it is available.
Emergency number: 07786958712 or 07771541057 Local accessible taxi numbers: Brent's Cars - 01672 512801
• We have tried to be as accurate as possible and have included as much detail as we can in our Access Statement, however we welcome your feedback to continuously improve on the information and service we provide at Poulton Grange. If you require further assistance please call 01672 516888 • We are currently undergoing a Green Audit and are looking to obtain a Gold Award from the Green Business Tourism Scheme - watch this space!!
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01672516888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created: 1st January 2010. Updated: 23rd April 2015